Swiss Sport Integrity is a foundation under Swiss law. The foundation makes all strategic and operational decisions independently and autonomously. There are service agreements with the Swiss federal government and Swiss Olympic.
Our Principal Activities
- Testing: Testing forms a significant part of our remit, and we conduct some 2,000 tests per year. These are undertaken by doping control officers who may be accredited either as full time, as either their full-time or part-time profession.
- Investigations: We foster a network of informants so that we are also able to track down and prove doping using non-analytical, intelligence-led methods. We also support the criminal prosecution authorities in their efforts to identify and prosecute violations of the criminal provisions of the Sport Promotion Act.
- Training and Communication: Each year, we conduct well over 100 personal training sessions with more than 3,000 athletes and their support staff. In doing this, we provide training and information resources.
- Applied Research: We collaborate with other organizations in order continuously to develop and enhance the technologies and procedures used to fight doping.
- International Cooperations: We are active at the international level to harness shared knowledge and synergies and to advance the effectiveness, efficiency, and athlete-friendly nature of the rules of clean sport
Executive Bodies of the Foundation
The Foundation Board
The Foundation Board is composed of renowned individuals in business, politics, medicine, and sport, and is responsible for determining the strategic focus of Antidoping Switzerland. The members of the Foundation Board are:
- Ulrich Kurmann (President), lawyer, associate with schadenanwaelte AG, Zug/Zurich
- Dr. Emanuela Felley-Bosco (Vice-president), Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Lausanne & Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Department of Thoracic Surgery, Zurich University Hospital
- Dr. Katharina Albertin, Psychologist FSP, Specialized Psychologist for Sport Psychology FSP, federally recognized Psychotherapist, President of the Swiss Association of Sport Psychology (SASP)
- Dr. med. Urs Karrer, Winterthur Cantonal Hospital, Chief physician, Polyclinic. Specialist in internal medicine and infectious diseases FMH
- Barbara Lustenberger, Sports lawyer, Head Group Compliance at Infront Sports & Media AG
- Walter Mengisen, former rector of the Swiss Federal Institute of Sport Magglingen (SFISM) and former deputy director of the Federal Office of Sport (FOSPO)
- Pascal Oswald, lawyer and CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), Managing Director Business Control (Schweiz) AG
- Marc Schneeberger, mechanical engineer und Executive MBA; Head of Global Service Feintool Technologie AG
- Prof. Dr. Bernard Schumacher, Interdisciplinary Institute of Ethics and Human Rights, University of Fribourg
The operational business of the Foundation is conducted by the staff at Head Office in Bern, who report to the Director.
The auditors review the Foundation's accounting and reporting practices, and its annual financial statements for the financial year just ended.